Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rainy Saturday...

Today was such a rainy, cool day in my neck of the woods! I crafted all afternoon! It is such a sweet treat to sneak away to my craft room for a couple of hours! Nothing better than craft supplies and a warm puppy lying at my feet while I create! I made a few "treat jars" for a fundraiser project which I just learned tonight has been cancelled, so several of my friends and family members, look out....homemade goodies are coming your way packaged in one of these sweet containers.


These are new canning jars which I painted to look like "pumpkins and apples." I used acrylic paints, harvest wraphia (yes, it is spelled that way :), brown felt to cover the lids and form my "stems",and leaves and stickers for embellishements. I plan to fill them with my gourmet White Chocolate Drizzle Popcorn! Yummy for the tummy and the eye! And so much fun to make.



No cards for today, but I am working on a sweet Christmas Box set which I am loving!
Check back later for all of the details! Happy Scrapping!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lucky am I that I can eat white chocolate. I don't think those jars are large enough tho. Next time go with the quart size. LOL

Audrey Pettit said...

those jars are just so adorable, Tammie! Love that clever idea! makes me think about a jar project I did years ago.......and makes me think I should do more! ;)
My jar was decorated like a snowman, using an inexpensive doily from the craft store as his head, and decorating with black button eyes, a felt carrot nose, and smaller buttons for the mouth.

Annette said...

These are so cute!!! Love the painted jars and all the embellishing and that their filled with homemade goodies - YUM - I Love them!!!