Friday, March 11, 2011

Thinking of .....Spring

I can remember as a child, getting Spring Fever so badly, I couldn't concentrate on anything. Sitting in class as the sun smiled through the open window, hearing the drone of the lawnmower cutting the grass along the sidewalks, smelling the wonderful smell of freshly cut lawn...my mind would wander....to things that little girls dream of...to playing tag until dark...or taking my favorite doll out in the backyard on a quilt and having a picnic, just me and "Debbie"....or riding my shetland pony...ahhh, in Springtime, the ideas were endless. As an adult, I still get a touch of Spring Fever....not today because it was snowing this morning when I went to work, but last week, we had a glimpse of Spring. The sun was shining, frogs were croaking, the lawn was covered with robins, the crabapple trees are budding...and I loved every bit of it! I am a warm weather...sun shining.....bees buzzing...flowers blooming kind of girl...and SPRING...I AM THINKING OF YOU!!!!! Please get here soon ;)


1 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Ah, yes! Sweet spring! How I love it, too. So sorry to hear you are still getting snow...it's time for all that to go away now and all the flowers come out. :)
Your card is so bright and happy! I love the doily and the layered flower and butterfly. The wrapped twine looks wonderful, and I adore the jaunty angle of the sentiment strip.
Here's wishing you spring days ahead!