Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Belated 4th!

Hi all...happy belated 4th of July! We spent the week in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and had a great time. Here is a short glimpse of some of the highlights.

Hubby and I rode the "Tail of the Dragon," an 11 mile stretch of mountain with 318 curves. City dwellers found it to be amazing, to us, it was like riding here at home. We did end up on a couple of biker web sites though, with the photos available to us for a "small" fee, of course :)



Here is shot of my crew entering Dollywood. I am not sure who enjoyed it the most...the kids (who are the reason we went ;) or the adults (minus me), who rode the roller coasters.

My son, his fiancee, hubby and I had a great week together, although the kids had to come home midweek for work and church obligatons. Still, plenty of new memories to add to the album.

On Saturday, June 27, we hosted our 2nd annual 4th of July cookout at our house. This year we had about 85 people present, which is up from 53 last year. Many of our church family, friends and coworkers came. It was a fun filled day that lasted into the night and ended with a bonfire, roasted weiners and marshmallows.


This year, I awarded trophies for the softball players. Some were real, some gag...all were enjoyed. Example: MVP (for our Pastor), slowest runner (which was a wooden turtle), best catch (my son won that one), worst play of the game....LOL...lots of fun!


What a great week...tomorrow...back to work. Hope you all are wonderfully blessed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time here and there. J told me he didn't want to come home. Bless it's heart.

Annette said...

Sounds like you had a great time in TN. I've been to Pigeon Forge but haven't been to Dollywood. What a fun BBQ, I love the idea of the awards!