Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's Been A Long Time...

Good Thursday morning! I took the morning off from work and before I had breakfast, or washed my hair or got out of my jammies, I MADE A CARD! Whew....who knew that working would interfere with so much of my fun time :) Just kidding, the job is going well, although it has been a big adjustment for my entire family. Our schedules are all varied and we catch glimpses of each other on most days, especially when hubby works evening shift for two weeks and of course, I am always on days. We are re-learning this two career family thing, and I must confess, having the year off was such a blessing. I had more time for the most important things...family, home, crafts :) I did teach VBS last week and I had 19-4,5,6 year olds in my class. I was exhausted, going straight to church after work and not getting home until 9 or 10 pm, but it was a great week.

For this card, I was inspired by the Cuttlebug Gate-Fold Challenge this week.
I strayed from their concept but used the fold on my card. I was so happy cutting, gluing and spray glittering! Ah, the simple things. Too bad I can't find a job in "Craft Nursing." I can see it now, therapeutic crafts taught by a licensed health care professional. Oh well, maybe it only sounds plausible to me ;)



My free time this morning is quickly passing, so I will say goodbye for now. Hope you all have a great day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually sighed when I saw your post. Beautiful card. Love those colors. While you have your pc on, run over to Sketch Girl. This new challenge is going to be WONDERFUL. I'd love for you to make a card but hey...just by becoming a follower you might just win a stamp set.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Beautiful card Tammie, love the colors and especially the butterfly, glad to see you got some crafting time! Have a wonderful weekend!