Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Brief Respite.....

Hello again....what a sweet Sunday this has been. Up early and off to Sunday School and church, out to lunch with our son and his fiancee....home to scrap! Yep, I am taking a brief respite from laundry, picking up the house and all things necessary. I am taking time today to make something! And what fun it has been.

Before I show you my cards, I thought that I would show everyone who has followed his survival a recent pic of Packer, my little rescue puppy, who is a jack russel/daschound mix. The vet told me that he would probably not make it past 2-3 months. He was the runt of the litter, very tiny, VERY weak (too weak to bark even, he made a struggling sound similar to a tiny donkey) and it seemed that the odds were stacked against him. Well, he has become the king of the house and he will turn 1 year old in 8 days! He still thinks that I am his Mama and he is my constant shadow. If I am in motion, he is as well. If I am sitting, as I am right now, he is sleeping on my lap, (even as I type :). Yep, the most time consuming pet I've her been "owned by," but definitely my favorite EVER! And for those of you who are local, don't you just love his little red Pirate football jersey? My hubby was #67 in high school, Packer is #62, that was as close as I could find. I love this little bundle of energy!



I made a couple of birthday cards today, and you know me, one sitting, two projects, so that explains the similarities in color. I made this card with my friend in mind who has a birthday this week. It is a cute envelope style card which could be used in so many ways. I saw it on CB challenge as a garden party favor with a seed packet included, mine is a b'day card with a personal note and pictures pertaining to the recipient. So easy and Soooo much fun to make.




I used Best Occasions pink textured paper, American Crafts Metropolitan Patterned Paper, Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart Ribbon and randome buttons. (Pink and brown are my new favorite color combination!)

This next card was made using the same products as above with the addition of the yummy cupcake, which, may I add is TOTALLY calorie free. (It's also inedible, but it sure looks real doesn't it?) It was made from Fast and Final LiteWeight Spackling found in your paint or hardware section of any hardware of discount department store. I shaded it pink by using an ice cream stick to shave off a plain colored piece of chalk and stirring it together. The possibilities are endless with this product. I cannot wait to make glittery snow for my winter time cards! I just added beads and Martha Stewart ultra fine white glitter for sparkle and fun on top.




My blogs seem to get longer and longer, but since I only post about once a week now, I hope you will forgive me for trying to get everything in! Hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Tammie, I love your story about Packer. It is amazing how love and care can turn a situation around. (Makes me think of Amber and her sweet little duck) I think Packer has many wonderful years ahead of him, thanks to you. Your cards are beautiful but I have to tell you, I absolutely LOVE your cupcake card! The cupcake looks so real and I love the bead sprinkles!

Unknown said...

You are Packer's Mama...you feed him, clean up his puppy pads, cuddle him when he cries, praise him when he tries something new, buy him new clothes, protect him and I don't know if Randy and Jay knows this but he is #1 with you. hehehe...love the cards T and I have to have Spackling. I hope WalMart has it.

Audrey Pettit said...

Happy-Almost-Birthday to Packer! What a little love he is!
Your cards are adorable, Tammie! Love the creativity of the cupcake icing. What a clever idea!

Amber said...

I can't believe Packer's almost 1! Seems like he was just an itty bitty baby. He looks great in his little Pirates jersey! Love your card, especially the "big flower" card, love the pocket design. And you know I love the cupcake!!!

cnelson said...

lovely cards!