Saturday, September 26, 2009

To "MINE" Own Self Be True

I have been in a crafting slump....simply unable to create. I have decided that I am a crafting "nonconformist." I do not enjoy making things just like everyone else. I have lost myself in the internet world of weekly card challenges and "designer" products. I decided recently that I would stop blurring my mind with visiting so many sites and choose only a few that inspire me. That is my new goal...and guess what...today, I was able to create! My style has always been shabby country chic...lately I have strayed from that....now I AM BACK...doing things my way for the simple joy of crafting. Afterall, I was crafting long before the internet was a household word....just because I enjoyed it. I want that back and today I delcare....To "mine" own self be true.....



I bought these ornaments last year during the holiday clearance sales...I paid 10c each. I loved that they looked old and rusted. I made a couple of cards and a few ornament tags. Enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait to give them this Christmas.





Hope your crafting brings you great joy...and those you share it with! Until next time.....

3 comments:

Amber said...

Adorable T! This is the perfect style for you:) Makes me excited for Christmas! I LOVE the tags!
Love
Ber

Unknown said...

Very thoughtful T, and it also applies to me. I'll never be a card designer but I do like to play with them. These projects are so country pretty.

Annette said...

You must have been building up your creativity while you were in a crafting slump because these are absolutely stunning! I love the shabby look to them, they are just gorgeous!