Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lovin' This Long Weekend

It is amazing how much I enjoy my free time now that I am working full time again :) During my year off, I took "laid back, free and easy days" for granted. Man, oh man, not anymore!

Yesterday, sweet hubby and I, along with a couple of friends, took a 180 mile bike ride and barely left our local area. We crossed a couple of counties and found the most beautiful place, Pine Mountain. We followed a 14 mile narrow (and I mean NARROW), winding mountain road and found ourselves at an overlook that was breathtaking. We have taken vacations to see such views, and here we were, and hour and a half from home, in Cumberland Ky at Kingdom Come State Park. We ate at Pine Mountain Grill and WOW, the food and atmosphere was great! It was an awesome day, one of those that I NEVER want to forget.



I made a couple of cards this weekend. Fall is my favorite time of year and I love to make "fall cards." For this one, I used DCWV Once Upon A Time cardstock, Imagine That cardstock, Frances Mayer pumpkin patch paper covering a chipboard pumpkin that I freehanded and Baroque ribbon from Michael's. Oh, and a WM Harvest sticker. Loved making this one ;)



The next card is for my 'upcoming' great nephew, Brody. He should be making his appearance any day and I was certainly thinkging of him when I made this one. I used DCWV Oriental Stack cardstock, ribbon scraps and stickers from Miss Elizabeth.



Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend...see you scrapping, soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite an adventure in your own backyard. I think we are programed to believe if it doesn't cost a fortune..it's not any good. Love the fall card. It turned out great. Baby Brody's card is one his mama will keep forever...maybe!!!!lol

Annette said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day on your bike adventure! How awesome that you found someplace local and a great restaurant to top it off! Love your embellishing on your fall card and your baby card is so cute, she will love it!