Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feeling "Spring-y"

Feeling like a "spring chicken"....hehehe...not quite, but I am loving this "spring-like" weather and I do love this little distressed chicken :)

This cute little fella came from a "chicken garland" that I found in a bargain shop in Tennessee. I love the "rough" look of the wood and the colors. I simply used scrap cardstock, a piece of hemp and a couple of buttons....the sentiment on the inside says, "you're so tweet." Corny....I know, but still, I loved it.

I have been practicing my "ribbon flowers" which seem to be turning up everywhere I look. My niece, The Country Scrapper, had a great tutorial on her page and I followed her directions without difficulty. viola...plain ol' ribbon never looked so good!


Teal and Brown are the colors of my son's upcoming wedding...so I am thinking along those lines. This card was soooo easy to make!

My last one is a bit "Bright" for me. I don't usually use such vivid colors, but, oh well....Spring is the time for all things new. This one is actually a "pocket" card and inside is a package of flower seeds....a sweet reminder that spring is on the way! Wouldn't you love to get one of these in the mail?



Hope that you are all scrapping away and enjoying every moment. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Annette said...

You have been busy Tammie! Oh my gosh I just love your chicken card, it is so adorable and your roses turned out awesome! I love your bright card too, it is perfect for our spring weather and the sunny days ahead! Hope you have a terrific weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh T....the little rooster is adorable. I love your roses..they turned out great and as for bright colors..love that card also. A packet of seeds is perfect.

Amber said...

What beautiful cards T!!! Love all 3 of them and your flowers look awesome. Aren't they so easy to make??? I'm going to try and make some out of tulle and see how they look.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tammie! What cute projects! I love that wooden chicken and that fun card. The hemp is just the perfect touch on there. Those ribbon flowers are stunning, and your seed packet is just tooooo much fun. Such a great idea for this time of year.