Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Easter and Yard of Lace

Hi all...my posts seem to get further and further apart. Life intrudes on fun, I guess, and takes me away from some of my favorite things! I just had to share this, and I know that all of those "true crafters" out there will understand. We have lived next door to my husband's Aunts for the past 26 years. The younger of the two sisters passed away 2 years ago in her mid 80's. She had been a crafter extraordinare for many years. Her quilts, which I am blessed to own several, were gorgeous. Her old sister, who is now 89 years old, asked if I would like some of her sewing supplies. YEAH!!!! Of course! Below is what I found in her stash.

Lace....ribbon....and more lace. This lace is really old, I don't even have to do anything to make it look antique, it REALLY IS! I was so happy...I told her that it felt like Christmas to me! I love it and I love that it was something of hers that I get to use to make something that someone else can enjoy.

On another note....Happy Easter Week! This is one of my favorite holidays. I love what it means and I love who I am because of the great price that Christ paid for me. I made this "Spring-y" wreath with all of my favorite spring colors.



Who doesn't love pastel easter eggs, ribbon, flowers and butterflies....ahhh...Spring is here! In fact, hubby is cutting our grass this evening for the first time this season! Yippee....I am loving it!

Thanks for stopping by...until next time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure Butchie would want you to have it. That's alot of lace especially when you quit work again and go back to your craft room.

Jen Gallacher said...

Vintage lace. What a SCORE!! :)

Annette said...

Wow, I know how excited you must have been when you got all the beautiful lace, it is gorgeous! You are going to have so much fun creating with it! Oh Tammie, your wreath is stunning! I love all the pastel colors and spring flowers, what a beautiful decoration!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Look at all that lace and trim! What a windfall!
Adorable Easter wreath, too, Tammie! Love the eggs on there. Happy Easter to you!

Amber said...

Oh how sweet to have Butchie's sewing supplies! She would want someone to use them! And what's better than vintag lace???
Love your Easter wreath! I want one for next year : )