Monday, August 9, 2010

Changes.....

I had the day off today and although I usually strongly dislike Mondays....I loved today. The sun was shining, I had a morning bike ride and breakfast with dh and I found time to sneak away to my craft room! Yay me!

I love to visit LollyChops blog, (for some reason, I am unable to link to her!grr) Today she posted the most beautiful teal flower bib necklace. I was immediately inspired and made TWO of them. They are soooooo easy (about 10 minutes, after I chose the flowers and ribbon.) I am thinking soft colors of fall and I chose these for my necklaces: I used Prima Flowers and some random embellishments along with fabric scrap backing.



What do you think? Cute huh? and so easy to make! Thanks Lolly for the inspiration.

I am now an empty nester....since my son married a week ago. I have taken over his old bedroom and am in the process of transforming it into my "scrap haven." Aahhhh, more room, more natural light, more space to create....more electrical outlets...just more everything.


It isn't quite finished yet, but sweet Packer Puppy has already found his favorite spot!

He lies right at the corner, and sometimes underneath, my desk. That way, he doesn't miss a thing. He can see the television from there ;), keep a close eye on me and stretch to his little puppy heart's content. He is such a joy! I call him my "scrap partner in crime" ;)

Hopefully I am on my way to many happy "scrappy" days to come in my new space. (if only I could find everything since the move from one room to another!) Oh well, looking through my stash is almost like shopping...so until next time, happy scrapping to you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tam...that is absolutely beautiful. Looks more like a picture in a book than something one would make. Well done, little sister.

Amber said...

Love the necklaces, especially the 2nd one...You need to send Lolly a picture or your link so she can see what you made. Little Packer is so cute!
Love
Ber

Danielle Flanders said...

I LOVE those necklaces, will have to try those sometime! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your scrap space with me, looks like you have a lot of room!
Danielle

Judy said...

I took a peek and enjoyed your new scraproom as you suggested to Danielle. It is great and a good way to get used to the empty nest. Love your darling tv watching pup, too.
Blessings, Judy

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Tammie! Hope you are doing well, and a belated congratulations on the wedding of your son! How exciting you get to take over his old space for your new scrap room. Looks like a ton of good space for you.
I absolutely adore your floral bib necklaces. I saw them not long ago on another blog, and have just fallen in love with them. I think the flowers and colors you chose are particularly beautiful! I think I might need to give this a try. :)
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.