Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm Feeling.....

Hi all! I had a moment when I got home from work today to do a quick post. Over the weekend, I had time to make a couple of cards, but no time to sit down and get them online :( The busier my life becomes, the more I appreciate my scraproom! It is a sanctuary....a retreat....the one room in the house that does not have to be clean to be enjoyed! Sometimes, when I am crunched for time, I just walk in and look around, sigh....and walk back out. I always know that it is there....just waiting....for the next time that I carve out an hour or two for fun.

My first card just came together...really...I didn't have anything picked out! I was thumbing through a new paper stack from DCWV called Once Upon a Time and this card was born. I used NRN designs word stickers, after 5 chipboard and ribbon and buttons that were literally lying on my desk from some past use! How cool is that? and...I really liked the card! So simple! Sometimes I over think things :)



This little card was my "farewell to Summer" card....Fall is just around the corner, in fact, today was the first day of school in our area and I can sure hear those Fall bugs chirping this evening. I used Laundry Line paper (thanks Bon :), Lila Davis Designs flower (which I found on vacation in the Smokey Mountains), and AFD Candy Blossom phrase sticker.



A quick update on Packer...he is 11 months old and loves to chew on scrapbook supplies...the prettier the paper....the more he enjoys it! He is an odd looking little dog, but he is beautiful to me. He adores me and I return the favor! He is a sweet, cuddly, funny, clumsy, energetic, smart puppy. He blesses me with is devotion
This picture was taken last month when he went on his first vacation! He was having lunch here outside a McDonald's in Virginia. He took to traveling like a pro! He didn't mind the car ride...did his appropriate business at all rest stops, slept on my shoulder for several hours and took walks at our cabin. I was so proud...who knew that this little misfit would turn out to be so cool!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The greatest gifts come in small packages. I don't think he is a misfit at all...I think he is unique in his own way just like all of us!!!HEHEHEHE
Love the cards. I miss you when you don't craft, it's like I lose our link. Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

The greatest gifts come in small packages. I don't think he is a misfit at all...I think he is unique in his own way just like all of us!!!HEHEHEHE
Love the cards. I miss you when you don't craft, it's like I lose our link. Have a wonderful day.

Annette said...

I absolutely love your first card, it is stunning! I love the colors, embellishments, everything! Love your end of summer card too! Makes me sad to think there won't be any more flowers until the spring but I am looking forward to cooler weather! Little Packer is so adorable, I think he is a cutie pie! Our little friends are so special to us, what a blessing they are, they give us so much love and joy!

Amber said...

Oh little Packer is so cute, you know I'd take him in a minute! He has turned out to be your trusty sidekick! You just never know what or who God has planned to touch our lives, including doggies:) Such beautiful cards, I especially love the Dreams card, the embellishments are great!