Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweet Things In Life....

Today I am thinking of "sweet things" that I have encountered in my life....things like the smell of honeysuckle that whispers past my porch swing....or the cuddle of a puppy who just adores you....or the sweetness of a 19th birthday with people who love you....or the precious sleepy sighs of a newborn baby....or the taste of strawberries plucked off the vine....or the feel of my husbands hand reaching for mine, just to hold it. I am a blessed woman and it seems the older I get, the more appreciative I am of those precious gifts of everyday life. That is what inspired my cards today.

My son's finacee had a birthday this week....we took her out to dinner one evening and had her favorite "strawberry" birthday cake yesterday evening. She is a blessing to us, because she completes our son. What a "sweet thing" she is in our lives.




I have often said that true friends are such a blessing and a rarity..they are the people who know the real you and love you in spite of it. I am blessed with some of these people who can make any moment "better" just by being in it.
For this card I used Tranquil Cardstock, Prima Flowers, Studio 18 Rhinestones, NRN Stickers and CB Textile Embossing Folder.



I am going to be a great aunt in about 30 days...to my first great nephew. I made this card with him in mind. All things blue came to mind and I just loved these cute papers that I found on clearance, it is DCWV Nursery Boy Blue, American Crafts Elements Ribbon and Acclaim Alpha Stamps. The ink was from the $ Tree.



Going on with the "baby" theme...a coworker is expecting a baby girl in a few weeks...baby Makenzie....I made this card for her. The pink and green reminded me of all things soft and girly. I used DCWV cardstock, Nana's Kids Ribbon, Hot Fudge Studio Stamp, $Tree Lime Ink and a generic flower lying in my box of "stuff." I think that buttons add a bit of fun to any card, and I sure used plenty today.



Time seems to pass so quickly...my son begins his fourth year of college this week....with a couple more years to follow :) He has bounced back on forth on a major and has finally returned to his first love...education. He has wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember and at 21....realizes that if you are going to do something for the rest of your life...it should be something that you are passionate about. He didn't need my help with registration, or school shopping,or transcripts, but he did call me earlier and ask if I would pay for his books...see, another sweet thing in my life....he still needs me to be his Mom...and I am thankful for that. So, now it's off to Amazon for me...I have text books to buy. Hope your day is great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your life is filled with "sweet things". Love the picture and the cards are all beautiful.

Annette said...

Another beautiful post that leaves me with a sweet smile in my heart! I was just smelling some wild honeysuckle on Sunday, it put me in a trance for a few seconds and I forgot about everything around me, so sweet! Love your cards, especially the baby girl card, your coworker is going to love it!

Mary said...

Great cards!!