Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!

Today is World Card Making Day....I like any day dedicated to crafting :) I can't say that I spent much time indoors today. Our church held our annual Fall Celebration/Festival which lasted from 1pm until long after dark. It was a great day of fun, fellowship, food...food and more food. Although I did not win the chili bean cookoff, my crock pot was scraped clean by the end of the day and that was enough of a win for me. Because of the cookoff, I have also perfected a new Chili recipe over the past few weeks and hubby and son love the new dish! So we're all winners on this one.

The card below was made using my favorite "fall" color combination. I adore browns and teals together, with a splash of red or yellow! Love it, love it, love it! I also dusted off the sewing machine for this card. Something that I rarely do because I simply do not enjoy sewing. After trying most crafts at least once, sewing is the one that I do not look forward to. But, in this instance, I wanted to use fabric on my card and some stitching seemed imperative.
My fabric is from Walmart, their $1 "scraps" and I loved the colors and pattern. I used Martha Stewart leaves, cardstock scraps and colorbok sticker.



I just had to add this sweet picture of little Packer. He was looking from the inside to the front porch where I was putting out some Fall decorations. He sure wanted to be where I was, but I knew that his little teeth would love to get hold of my leaf garland and pumpkins. His expression says it all.

Until next time, may all your scrapping be happy :)


4 comments:

Annette said...

Aren't Fall Festivals fun!! We just had our's here, lots of crafts and food! We got a bag of kettle corn made right before our eyes and it was so good! Love your fall card and was so happy to hear you sewed on it!! Packer is so cute, love the photo!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, that picture of Packer just makes me smile so big! He looks so cute in his little pull-over! And what a cute card, Tammie! I love those colors together, too. I think the stitching adds a really nice touch. I can agree with you about sewing.........I don't like real sewing either. Not at all. But I do love to sew on paper. As a matter of fact, my DD thought that the sewing machine was actually made for paper. One day she caught me sewing fabric, and she freaked out. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card T. I think the sewing machine is a great idea. I bought me some material but haven't used any yet. Packer looks great. He's like the ugly duckling...turned into a beautiful swan.

Amber said...

Oh little Packer is so sweet! I love all his little clothes, he probably has his own closet!
Your cards beautiful. I love the idea of using things like fabric and felt on cards.