Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Trees and Puppy Dogs....

Good Saturday blogger friends and family....it is a cold day here in my neck of the woods. Hubby and I have been out to lunch and finished a bit of shopping. We stopped by our local Tractor Supply store where the ASPCA was having an adoption day and we saw so many beautiful dogs needing a good home. If you have never thought about adopting a dog or cat, please consider doing so instead of buying one. There are soooo many that need a home and someone to care for them. Contact your local shelter or PetFinder.com for details. Owners were also bringing their pets to have a picture taken with Santa today as well! It was adorable. The sweetest was a HUGE solid black Great Dane who walked up to Santa and sniffed him all over, then gently lay down at his feet! It was a priceless "pet moment" and made me just itch for my own camera.

Speaking of cameras, Hubby was a good sport today and let me try out my self timer settings on my NEW camera!(I'm still SQUEALING!) This pic is for all of the family members who visit our blog....a glimpse of us this holiday season ;)


Below are a few of my Christmas Card Creations this year. I absolutely LOVED making them. I used the Martha Stewart pine branch punch and built my trees....one little branch at a time! It was similar to putting together an artificial tree....and the finished product was so cute. I love the imperfection of the shapes and branches...just like a real one, I tell ya. And then...I got to decorate each one. No two are alike and I loved each and every theme. The punching did get a bit tiresome, I even had a few of the girls in my office punch a few....you know...just to try out the punch ;) I am secretly winning them over to scrapping and card making. They just don't know it yet.






My last little card is a puppy card for Christmas. He is not a die cut or a chipboard, he fell off one of my gift bags and I just HAD to find him a new home, viola, he is now a "card dog" and loving every minute of it, I am sure ;)


We have two Christmas Parties to attend this evening, so I am off to hair and makeup (hehehe...aka....my bathroom mirror). Hope that you all have a wonderful day...and happy scrapping.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

T...those trees are absolutely awesome. You (and the girls) did a very good job. I haven't seen any cards like those in all my surfing. Amber and Matt's fav. store is tractor supply. Amber got new coveralls(pink)..coat...gray, warm boots and striped head gear for taking care of her animals. Sweet!!!

Annette said...

Love the photo of you and your husband! Your cards and tags are gorgeous Tammie! I love the branch punch and your tree you created is amazing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tammie! I love your tree cards! How amazing they look with the layered punches. I think I wouldn't have the patience to do more than about one of those! And your doggie card is so cute, too. Perfect way to recycle.
I've been doing some searching on petfinders.com lately....thinking about a dog. Definitely want to rescue one if we do get one.

Amber said...

Great pictures T! Love your cards! I've never seen that MS punch, your Christmas trees turned out amazing! Looking forward to Saturday!