Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where Does It Go?

I am thinking tonight of how fast Christmas comes and goes. All of the weeks of preparation, shopping, wrapping, baking....searching for that perfect present...and then, in a matter of minutes...POOF, it is all over! I always feel a bit of post Christmas let down, but this year, I didn't! Perhaps because it was the oddest Christmas that I can remember....due in part to a LARGE snowstorm we had Christmas week.


Our area was hit with about 10-16 inches of heavy, wet snow and a week of power outages! Fortunately, my home did not lose power, but my Dad and sister did for 6 days! My Dad, due to health issues, stayed for a couple of nights at my house. My brother's family didn't make it in to celebrate with us this year due to the storm, so it was an odd....kinda "off" holiday for us. Still, we were all safe, fairly healthy and blessed.





Even with all of the problems that the storm brought with it....the snow was beautiful...it was so quiet and still.....and outages made everyone slow down and really take stock of what is important. I have decided that all of our future Christmases will be simpler. My goal is that somehow...someway we will concentrate on the REAL meaning of the season and celebrate that. So as I put away the pretty paper and bows, take down the greenery and the wreaths, I am thankful for another Christmas spent with those I love (at least some of them :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have decided to do future Christmas' simpler also. ( and we haven't even discussed this..hehhehe)Even tho I only put up a small tree, it was still too much. My new motto...less is better... Amber had told me she had heard that since Jesus only got 3 gifts...that's the way to do it. I thought that would be so fitting. So we'll see..afterall we have a year to think about it. Love your pics.

Audrey Pettit said...

Boy, Tammie, you weren't kidding about all the snow you said you got. Wowzers! It is beautiful, though. And you cracked me up with the comment about spending Christmas with those you love. ;)

Annette said...

Oh my goodness Tammie, these pictures are beautiful! So gorgeous, white and serene, I just love them! Wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Year!