Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Glimpse of Christmas Cheer

Hello to all of my blogging buddies. Although I have been busy in the craft room, I decided today to just post a glimpse of what Christmas looks like at our house...I have been tweaking the decorations for the past week or so, and since I had today off...I added a few touches and had time to take a few photos.

This lighted garland lines the snack bar which separates my kitchen and dining area. Red, Gold, Brown and a splash here and there of white are my colors of choice this holiday season.

Little Packer Puppy is all geared up to celebrate his second Christmas. He has, so far, "killed" two bird ornaments and knocked a few apples and balls from the tree. (they are nonbreakable....I had a feeling :) When we came in the door from church last weekend, he met us at the door and was sooooo excited. He quickly ran from us to the tree and back again....so proudly showing us that he had taken care of at least 2 of those pesky birds that had somehow found their way into the branches of this tree that had suddenly sprung up in our living room. Really, I wonder what his little puppy mind is thinking? What in the world are they doing, planting a tree in the house? And what's with all of these twinkling light things...and boxes with pretty bows? How can a puppy resist. (hehe...okay, maybe he isn't thinking all of that...but the looks he gives me....sometimes, I wonder.)


We have had some really cold days, so this week, when we get home from work in the evenings, we have lit a fire....mmmmmm....I love it, the look, the feel. Nothing says "cozy" like a nice blazing log in the fireplace. And it adds to the Holiday Spirit of things ;)



Here are a couple of "close ups" of the theme of my tree this year. I am calling it my "recession tree" because I did not spend more than $1 for any ornament on it! I am the frugal shopper and I looovvve a bargain. Most of the ornaments were bought last year on clearance in January and put aside for "whenever." The others I have picked up at random shops this year. Although I have a storage closet FULL of decorations and ornaments collected over the past 26 years, hubby wasn't too keen on getting it all out, so when I mentioned a "woodland theme" with birds and pinecones, apples and all things glittery that I already had OUT of storage, he was immediately on board! LOL. Sometimes, change is good. Don't you love the clarity of these close up shots? Have you ever seen colors so vibrant? Red.....so red?



Aren't these pics so clear, so bright, so PERFECT? Well, (and I am truly SQUEALING here) They were taken with my NEW CAMERA which my wonderful, sweet, thoughtful hubby got me for Christmas and gifted me with it this week so that I would be able to study up on it and take good pics at Christmas! (Squealing again!!!!) Take a look...



Yep, he got a me a new CANON and I am LOVING it! Those of you who truly love to take pictures will understand this....my last camera, although still fairly new, was a DUD! Have you ever done that....wanted the NEWER, Better model and then been so disappointed? Well that was my case with my last Fugi. I had the previous model, you know, the new one's older brother, and it was a great camera. When the new one came out, boucing new baby camera, I thought, if the old one was good, this one will be great! Not so...and I spoke with a camera professional the other day and he informed me that I was not alone. That almost everyone who bought the updated version of my last camera, returned it...for the same reasons that I never liked it. So....long story short...(or maybe not so short :) Thank you dear hubby for taking my photo woes seriously and getting me something that I ADORE! And for all of my blogbuddies...that means MORE photos to post! Maybe next time, I will not bore you with my ramblings :)
Thanks for stopping by...until next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

T...everything is beautiful...the decorations spread all around, Packer's little LONG nose right in the branches..and all your tweekings...I have tears just looking..makes me long for home...(oh yeah...I am home...maybe I need to redecorate...next year)..and I must add..I have never seen more deeper reds or vibrant, plainer pictures. I LOVE THAT CAMERA. You do have the bestest hubby.

Amber said...

Can't wait to see your camera T!!! It sure takes pretty pictures! Little Packer is so cute! So happy he's taking care of your bird problem! Jake and Gracie just ignore our tree, like it's not even there (thank goodness!!!).