Saturday, January 15, 2011

Random Thoughts...

Wow, I have actually had time to post more than once this week and I have loved it! A few days off work has given me time to play in my scraproom, take lots of photos, cook up a couple of pots of yummy soup and surf the web. Ahhh, sometimes we all need a moment to reconnect with the things we love to do and I have truly enjoyed being able to. Today, not so much fun. I am in the process of passing a kidney stone, so I am medicated and housebound, praying that I can get rid of this rascal on my own! I figured since I am pretty much unable to do anything else, I would post a few of my newest cards and random thoughts.



I just love the red and white on this card. The snowflakes are so wispy and fragile looking, and since it is technically winter when Valentine's Day arrives, I thought a snowflake v'day card was perfect!

This next card is for a special person whose birthday is just around the corner! Even though she's all grown up, I still think of pretty pastel pinks and girly ribbons when think of her!



(You can act appropriately surprised, Amber, when you get this ;)

I have decided to do a 2011 Project for myself this year. I plan to scrap bits and pieces of our lives each month during this year (not a photo a day, I simply don't have time for that). I tried the project 365 last year and by April, I was tired of it! And frankly, dh and I are not interesting enough to photo something EVERYDAY of our lives. (hehehe) I have looked at the kits that are currently available for documenting a year of your life, but decided that I could do my own for a fraction of the cost. I have my January LO started and will share it at the end of the month. I am considering also doing one for my DIL to document her and my son's year together. Since I am always taking photos, they will not even realize that I am doing anything special ;) I hope to give it to her in August for her birthday and then complete the pages as the year progresses. (She doesn't enjoy scrapping, but loves the finished projects that I have given her....makes for a great gift giving idea!)

Thanks for dropping by today....and until next time, I pray that you are wonderfully blessed and happily scrapping!

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, a kidney stone! That does not sound fun. I sure hope it passes on it's own....and quickly.
Love your cards today. What a great idea to do a snowflake Valentine. Looks adorable and I, too, love that red and white. Fabulous birthday card for Amber. I love the flower and the wrapped ribbon and the paper pierced holes around the edge.
Great idea to do a monthly highlights project. I tried the 365 project, and like you, got bored around April and quit. I think your idea is much better. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Annette said...

I hope your feeling better Tammie and everything passed through okay. It must have been very uncomfortable for you but sounds like you had some good distractions - cooking and crafting! I LOVE your snowflake card with the red, what a perfect combo for the upcoming holiday! Amber is going to love her card, she is so lucky to have such a creative aunt and a very sweet one! Wishing you a wonderful week!

Amber said...

Beautiful cards T! Love how you mixed winter and Valentine's. And of course the birthday card is beautiful! I'll act surprised when I get it ; ) Hope you're feeling better! I've been thinking how to srap a year also, the 365 challenge is just too tough. I got Becky Higgins project life last year and totally neglected it. I think I'll work on it and get the kit for this year too, then add in all my pages I make, because the albums are really big.
Love
Amber