Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturated Sunday!

Hello All! Nothing creative today, just a glimpse of the flooding that our area has suffered this weekend. I am thankful to live on a hillside at times like this: the only "water" that we had was this shallow pool standing on my patio.



















Other's were not so fortunate: This damage was at Stone, the road that we travel to our church. It was a mess...but our church was spared any damage at all!






This is a photo of the little league baseball and area soccer fields in front of Belfry First Baptist Church at Black Gem...and this was after the water had receded from the four-lane!



Today the sun is brightly shining, not a cloud in the sky...makes it hard to imagine all of the clean-up going on around us. We are blessed and thankful....and I finish up my "job" on Tuesday, so I hope to be back to scrapping soon.

Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...amazing pics. I know I am blessed to live where I do, the only water I've seen of the flood was just the rain. I've never seen it flood like that thru Belfry. Wondering if it got in the new church?

Tammie said...

No, they are above the flood level.

Amber said...

Lots of water T! Your patio is still pretty, even with your shallow pool:) I didn't even think to get my camera and take pictures of the water, I was too busy grabbing a shovel and trying to unstop ditches! I would have got more accomplished with a camera!

Annette said...

So glad that none of you had any damage to your property or houses. So sorry to see the terrible flooding, I hope it has all receeded. Even though our new house is by the water, Terry assures me that it will never flood because any excess water will go over the dam so I think we are in the clear. Your patio is beautiful, you must love sitting out there on a beautiful day!