Friday, October 23, 2009

Altered Items...

Just a quick post this morning...I have been "altering" again and it is still one of my favorite things to do. I just love taking something and designing it to be even better. Below is a glance at my "Just a Note"....books. I used simple $1 bound composition books (not spiral bound), and covered them with My Mind's Eye Papers, embellished them with Prima and/or Petaloo Flowers, added Next Image Buttons and a designer notebook is born! So simple, so cute, so "one of a kind," because no two are exactly the same. I then used ribbon and matching flowers to coordinate a gel pen to complete the set. I covered the inside front and back with a coordinating, solid color. A wonderful place for someone to "write" their thoughts, plans, dreams or lists. (I am a list person, so that one was for me :)



(I have much better pics of this project but for some reason, cannot get them to load correcty??)

I am off work today (I have enjoyed a shortened work schedule for 2 weeks and have a couple more to go...sweet!) So I am planning luch out with Hubby this afternoon before he leaves for work. It is rainy and so FALL outside my window right now! I am loving those bright yellows, reds and browns. Fall refreshes my spirit...it slows me down, reminds me of the importance of simple things, like a fire in the fireplace to ward off an evening chill, a big pot of comfort food simmering on the stove, warm, fuzzy socks and a puppy to cuddle. What more could a woman ask for?

Hope that your day is GREAT!!!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Love the journals, what a great gift idea! I'm a list person too, if I don't write it down I'll forget! And I love your description of fall, it is perfect! (I'd be cuddling with a kitty or two!)

Amber said...

Beautiful journals T! There's nothing like a good journal to keep track of life! Love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love the notebooks, Tammie! I always think that is such a fun and useful project. I keep a bunch around, too. Love all the flowers on this trio.