Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy...Crafty Day!

I am enjoying this rainy Wednesday in my craft room! Last week I spent an enjoyable couple of hours at Hobby Lobby and wow, did I find some great deals! Today I am finally getting a moment to inspect my purchases and plan, plan, plan some new projects.

This first card was made with Fall in mind. I love this season! The colors and textures inspire me and there is nothing like the sound of leaves crunching when you take a walk....or watching them swirl to the ground when a cool breeze blows. It also inspires me to cook (which makes my dear hubby very happy :) I have been filling my freezer and his tummy with chili beans, vegetable beef soup, potatoe soup...yummy! To me, nothing says Fall like a big pot of "something" simmering on the stove.


For this card I used Paper Studio and My Mind's Eye Cardstock and Papers, Harvest Handmade Stickers, Paper Studio Harvest Phrases and Holiday Time Wraphia.

My next card was made for my Secret Holiday Pal at church. We draw names in October and buy/and or make a monthly gift for the person whose name we drew. We reveal WHO at our annual Christmas Party and it is a blast and trying to guess is half the fun! My pals name just happens to be Faith and I enjoyed making this card for her.


I used My Mind's Eye Papers, Stampabilities Inspiration Stamp, HL Ribbon, Little Sizzle Teal Cardstock, Petaloo Flowers, Jute and buttons from my ever growing stash :)

My final project that is still a work in progress is a papermache "book" found at HL for 50% off (so it cost me less than $2). I decided to make a photo album cover. I decorated it with My Mind's Eye paper, Petaloo Flowers, HL Ribbon, Stampabilities Stamp and buttons. I plan to make a small album and put inside of our Summer and Fall memories for '09. Wouldn't this be a great idea for an engaged couple (which I happen to have right now ;)...or a Senior in High School...or a Sweet 16 Birthday...or the birth of a new baby. In each of these you could put photos, notes from well wishers....anything special relating to the big day?! Or how about a "recipe" book filled with recipes from friends and family for a new bride! The possibilities are endless.


Thanks for dropping by my blog. I think that I will go put something on to cook...all of that talk about food made me hungry! Have a great day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been a busy little girl!!! Three great projects and it's amazing how different they each are. You'd better hope Faith doesn't visit your blog..but then...WHO IS THE ONLY ONE AT CHURCH THAT MAKES CARDS??? That being you dear sister.

Amber said...

Oh I love your cards T! And adore what you've done with your little book. Can't wait to see what you decide to make it.
It has been so chilly and rainy today. I had to work last nite and did not want to get out of bed this evening....but had to go see the chickens!
Had fun shopping last week!
Love Ya
Ber

Annette said...

WOW - 2 hours in Hobby Lobby, what fun!! I love that store, especially when they have sales! LOVE all your projects, your fall card is so pretty and your altered book is beautiful! Is that the Potato Soup recipe from Amber? I think she is going to send it to me, I love potato soup!! Enjoy your fireplace Saturday, there's nothing better than a fire going on a chilly day!