Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crafting Frenzy...

Hi Blog Buddies...I have been in somewhat of a "CRAFTING FRENZY" lately and I love it! I have so many ideas jostling for position in my head right now, that I am actually sketching so that I don't forget any of them. Below, I have created a "gift box" of Christmas Cards....which was sooo much fun to make. I think that I enjoyed decorating the box more than making the cards.

I found this plain papermache box at WM, painted it with Apple Barrell Barn Red Acrylic Paint, added a coat of silver spray glitter, a gold and brown bow, a beautiful golden, glitter reindeer and viola! A Christmas treasure is born!





I made 6 matching cards along with envelopes and someone will receive this set very soon! The box says simply, "Rejoice"....the cards say...."For unto us a child is born." I can't really do a product list, because these cards were actually made from scraps of papers, scrap ribbon and the christmas flowers were all from one flowered ornament that I bought years ago and had never used.....for this project, I was the Economical Scrapper ;)

I love this little "tree card"....so simple and so sweet. I am attempting to do more "layering" on my projects. That is my new goal...more dimension...more texture. This little tree was an HL Wooden Prepainted Cutout,( I used Martha Brown and White to ink his branches :) the paper is Best Occasions, Next Idea Buttons (even the snowman),Fashion Cord Thin Hemp, Martha Stewart Ink and TPC Studio Stamp, which says on the front "JOY"...and on the inside..."to the World."

I also have a couple of cute creations entered in a DT Call, so wish me luck! And until next time....may all your scrapping be HAPPY!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Wow T what beautiful creations! Love the book of cards. That would be such a great gift. And I love your Christmas tree card! Good luck with the DT call!