Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm Crafting....

Hello all! I am excited to post today. I have been working on a couple of projects and FINALLY have a big one completed! But first, I have to tell you, I have found the perfect pie for those of us watching our "girlish figures" ;) It is called "Pie In A Jar!" That's right, an 8 oz serving of any kind of pie that tickles your fancy. Not only are they so cute...they are so simple!!!! and soooo yummy!

Aren't they adorable? I fixed peach and apple and both were wonderfully received! You can go to ourbestbites.com to find the instructions for these goodies! I simpy used store bought pie crusts (gasp!) and found that 2 9" pie crusts made 6 pies in jar. I also used canned pie filling and after filling the jars, placed them on a baking sheet and baked in a 350* oven for 50-60 minutes. Viola! A single serving dessert perfect for these fall days.

I was inspired by Melissa Phillips to do a chipboard Christmas Memory Album and thoroughly enjoyed this project. I cut my album to suit my design ideas and the rest, as they say, is history.













There are pages for pictures, pockets for favorite recipes, small embellies EVERYWHERE....just right for making me smile when I look back year after year.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy a glance into my crafty world. Until next time....happy scrapping.

8 comments:

Darlene D said...

Hi Tammie, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I love your little pies in a jar and am thinking I need to give them a try. My email address is spelled wrong on that posting, it should be darlenedeon@ns.symaptico.ca. We would love to see your application for the card team. Thanks so much and please introduce yourself on the LCOM forum, would love to get to know you better!!

Darlene D said...

Oh my goodness, I spelled it wrong again. It't darlenedeon@ns.sympatico.ca. There it's right this time.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tammie! How cute and fun those pie jars are! I've never seen that before and I just love the idea. And what a cute chipboard album. Love all the fun embellishments inside. Melissa is so inspiring, isn't she? Love her stuff.

Darlene D said...

Hi again, the address is right, seems odd. Try this one, for Tanya, who is the site owner. rntmunn@nb.sympatico.ca. She will forward it on to me if it goes through. Thanks

Unknown said...

Love the pie in a jar. I make a simple cobbler and I bet it would be great to put in a jar after it's baked. Hummm...I'm not running for the Betty Crocker award here....I don't like cooking. lol
Love the album...I know it will be full of wonderful Christmas pictures.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Love the pie in a jar T! Will definitely have to try this!! And your chipboard album is adorable! Love all the embellishments!

Annette said...

I love the pie in a jar idea! Your chipboard album is absolutely adorable, love all the embellishing! What a great memory for you to look back on.