Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year.....2010

Happy New Year....2010! I am not one to make resolutions, but I am one to make changes. This year, I hope to make several basic changes to the foundation of my life. My biggest plan is to SIMPLIFY! I want to clear the "junk" from my life and concentrate on the important things. I plan to spend more time in the Word of God and less time in the "words of man." I plan to pray more and worry less. I plan to trust that I am in GOOD hands and nothing that I can attempt or do will be nearly as great as what God has in store for me. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans of peace and not evil, to give you hope and a future." and Jeremiah 17:7, "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is in the Lord."


This candle was a Christmas gift from a friend.....it says simply, FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS. Those are my goals for this year.....to concentrate more on each of these three vital areas of my life. With God's help....I plan to make great changes and in turn, see change in myself.

I also plan to spend more time creating...but creating with a purpose. I hope to gift more people with my creations as a part of my outreach to others. More notes and cards of encouragement, more handmade, love filled gifts to those who need a kindness shown to them, more focus on the "needs" of others...less focus the "wants" of me. I am sharing all of this to help keep myself accountable. It is easy to make big plans internally.....but when you actually share those plans with others, it becomes more difficult to "forget" our lofty intentions. I will keep you updated as the year progresses...

I had a friend call me yesterday and ask me to make a special birthday card for her sister's birthday. I consider that an honor. I couldn't decide which she would like best, so I gave her both of these. I made this first one with some of my favorite country accents. I just LOVE these rusted stars and did not feel one ounce of remorse as I cut them from an old wreath....reuse...repurpose...recycle. I am always thinking of ways to use something in a different way than it was intended.




This second one was made from a Melissa Phillips kit that my sister gave me for Christmas. (Thanks Bon) The kit was very well put together and making the card was almost like assembling a puzzle...of course, I had to add a few of my own touches ;)




So here's to the New Year....may it bring you abundant blessings and joy. Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We all carry too much of everything. I told Amber I was purging my junk...and that's what it all is. I tend to put "stuff" back thinking I migh need it someday. Well when that someday comes it's shoved to the back of the closet. Happy New Year to my BEST friend in the whole world. You are an anchor in the midst of turmoil. We do serve an awesome God.

Amber said...

Happy New Year T! I'm so glad God has a plan for my journey! I wouldn't want to be on any path without Him holding my hand! I just want to do His Will in 2010!
Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! I adore both of them!
Love U
Amber

Annette said...

Amen to your beautiful post Tammie!Your cards are gorgeous, love your creative embellishing with the stars! Wishing you and your family many blessings this New Year!