Friday, January 8, 2010

Lovin' Me Some Packer

Hey bloggers....I just thought that I would share some new pics of Packer Puppy. He is now 16 months old, weighs about 6.5 pounds, eats like a pig, plays like puppy and loves me like his Momma! LOL..actually, he really thinks that I AM his mom. We don't tell him any different. His psyche is a bit fragile :)

Here is a pic of him in his favorite orange and brown sweater. He sits at my feet constantly, so he is used to the camera flash by now and doesn't shy away. I wish I knew how to get rid of "green eye" on pet photos. The red eye reducer just doesn't work :)

I love this picture....it was taken a few days before Christmas and you probably can't tell, but he was feeling some EXTREME anxiety. We had some friends over and their two boys....ages 8 and 6 ('nuff said :) and my 80 year old Dad was staying with us also for a few days. Packer was a nervous wreck....and we quickly learned that he would take any "safe" spot that he could get. This one just happened to be on dear hubby's lap. From that night, I made this list:

Things Packer Loves: Me, his "dad" (dh) and his "brother"; his stuffed giraffe; liver treats; his "SNUGGIE"; and when company leaves. Things Packer Hates: When company comes, little boys who want to grab him, my Dad's oxygen concentrator and hoses ;); loud noises, cold weather and little boys who grab him...oh yeah, that one was worth repeating.



This is a picture of Packer's "big brother", Jay...my one and only "child" who is now an adult! I just love this picture of him. He was leaving for XTREME, a Youth Conference in Gatlinburg TN, the day before New Year's Eve. He called me on the EVE and was so thrilled. He said that there is NOTHING like worshipping in the New Year with 7000 other believers. I am so thankful that he got to make it again this year. Now, back to Packer, since I promised him that this post was all about him. Packer loves his big brother. He follows him from room to room, tries to get up in his bed when I go to work in the mornings, eats any food particles left in his wake and greets him each evening at the door as though the day has been years!




Today, Packer is wearing a sweater with his "Snuggie" on as well. He is a "freezy" little guy and loves to lay on the heating vent. He got a new toy Zebra today to go with is all time favorite giraffe. (His giraffe was his very first toy....it has a broken neck, but otherwise is none worse for the wear for a year and a half of puppy love.) Thanks for letting me ramble...I actually have been scrapping but haven't taken photos to post.....they will be coming soon! Have a great day....and stay warm.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Terrific pictures of J & Packer:) So cute that Packer wears his Snuggie and a sweater. Jake loves his snuggie also and my electric blanket, lol. Gracie could care less about the weather or the temperature! She's well insulated:)

Unknown said...

I can't believe that J is still enough for Packer to even know he is his brother. Hummmm...as for things he likes and dislikes, let me say we are alot alike...nuff said. He is a Bengal fan...that's the 1st pic of him.