Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Love.....

We had an early Christmas with my family this past weekend....the picture below touched my heart: two chapters being written in the same family book , one by my Dad, the eldest at age 81, one by Baby Brody, the youngest at age 1! A lifetime of living in between the two.



I wonder as my Dad held his great grandson, did his mind go back to when he was a little boy? Did his dim eyes look back and see other arms who held him and pointed out the glittering lights and brightly wrapped gifts. Did someone hold him close and whisper "Poppy loves you"? Did his small hands touch the faces of his family and did his sweet smile warm their hearts? This pic made me wonder...

We are blessed this year to have a Daughter-in-Law added to our family! She is a wonderful addition to our family and we love her. She completes our son and in doing so, completes us! She is such a perfect fit, it seems like she was born to be ours!



Last year our "family Christmas" was cancelled due to the weather. A huge snowstorm knocked the power out for over a week and none of the out of town family coud make it in. This year we were all together and it was wonderful!



This picture speaks "LOVE" to me....so much love in one small group of people..that's what "family" is all about...and I am so Blessed!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Merry Christmas Tammie! Love the photo of your dad with his great grandson, who is so adorable! So glad you were able to celebrate Christmas with your entire family this year in a warm house full of love! Did Santa bring you any scrappy goodies? I know I'm getting some new sizzix dies (only because I ordered them)from Terry! The box is downstairs, waiting to be opened Christmas morning, it sure has been tempting to open it though - LOL! Have a wonderful holiday weekend! :) Annette

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! Look at your beautiful family! What a wonderful blessing you have!