Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Time's Comin'

Hi friends! Tonight I am sitting in the sweet glow of the Christmas tree, nibbling on homemade Southern Pecan Fudge and basking in the knowledge that I have completed my Christmas shopping! Whew....what a relief. Now, perhaps, I can enjoy the remainder of the season!( FUDGE NOTE: This is the first good fudge that I have made after trying diligently for 27 years!!! My DH is always supportive and so generous with his praise, but the other night, after my third failed batch, he said so sincerely, "honey, you just can't make fudge, can you? LOL. Well you know what...NOW I CAN....and it is delicious! Oh, and yes, I will diet after the holidays :)

I wanted to share a couple of Christmas cards that I made this week. I have thoroughly enjoyed having some time off work and getting to create again...my craft room is my "happy place" and I go there every chance I get.



Sometimes when I finish a project, I look at it and am amazed that with a bit of ribbon, paper, glue and embellies, I have "created" something worthwhile....and it gives me pleasure...it relaxes me and makes me happy!

As we are under a Winter Storm Warning this weekend, I am settling in with a new recipe for "White Hot Chocolate" (yummmmm...I will share it later if it is as good as it promises to be ;), a few good books, some Christmas music and a warm, sweet Packer Puppy sitting by my side. Oh yeah, and PLENTY of new paper products to play with from my last shopping trip to Michaels. What more could a gal ask for?

Thanks for taking a moment to visit my scrappy world.....until next time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Tam. Peanut butter is the only fudge I can do. I was hoping for a few peanut butter balls from your house...if work and time get the best of you..I can live without it. I do want the white chocolate recipe.

Annette said...

Wow Tammie, your cards are gorgeous! Love the glittery touches and all the embellishing! Your fudge sounds so yummy, I love pecans in fudge! I made some on Sunday, burnt the sugar and butter a bit while I was getting the milk ready and had to pour it in another pan. Took forever to clean the burnt sugar, thank goodness it didn't taste burnt!

Audrey Pettit said...

What sweet cards, Tammie! I really love those glittered snowflakes, and the doilies and ribbons are so pretty, too. Such beautiful photos you took, as well. They look so pretty against your tree.