Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yummy!

Just a quick post today to share a very pretty and easy idea for a beautiful homemade good gift. This is my White Chocolate Gourmet Popcorn:




A few years ago a pharmaceutical rep would bring tiny bags of this to my office and I ate a few just to find out the ingredients (joke) and decided that it was so delicious I just had to make my own. I am going to post the recipe. Be sure to pay close attention. I wouldn't want you to miss an important step in the process:
1. Pop microwave popcorn of your choice.
2. Remove from bag when cool and place in single layer on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
3. Add a few handfuls (for this size container)of any type red/green etc type cereal. ( I use the red crunchberries in Captain Crunch or Red/Green Fruit Loops) Sprinkle over popcorn.
4. Sprinkle a few almonds over popcorn.
5. Melt 1 package White Tree Bark( or you could use white chocolate morsels. I have found that tree bark works better for mr). Stir until completely smooth.
6. With a fork (I don't know why, the fork just works better in this instance for getting nice long strips of chocolate) dip chocolate and with a flicking motion of the wrist, fling gently over popcorn mixture until nearly every popcorn morsel has SOME chocolate on it. (it is perfectly acceptable to let it land more heavily in some areas and people often tell me that these are the BEST bites ;)
7. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
8. Transfer into pretty bags, boxes, jars etc and decorate for any holiday.
9. Enjoy...enjoy....enjoy.

I made this large container for the girls in my office this week. They have passed it around and thoroughly enjoyed it! One of them, that I have worked with for many years, said, "oooooh yummy, Tammie's gourmet popcorn." Isn't it nice to do things for people when they appreciate it! (I almost forgot, in this batch I sprinkled red and green nonperils on the chocolate before putting it in the fridge...it made it look so festive.)

Of course the ingredients can be adapted to your own taste...the only two that are required are the popcorn and chocolate. Afterall, with those two firmly in place, how could it possibly go wrong? And, may I add, that I enjoyed decorating the container almost much as eating the popcorn. I used scraps of cardstock, ribbon and couple of ornaments lying on my desk. Viola...a gift worth giving!

Thanks for stopping by. After an icy/snowy morning which closed my office today, I think that I will venture out this afternoon for a bit of last minute shopping.
See ya soon!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe Tammie, I've got it copied and in a file on my computer, I'm going to make some next year for Christmas, yum! Love your decorated jar and all the embellishing, what a great gift idea! Is Packer enjoying all the snow? I'm still hoping we will get some this winter, I'll be a happy girl if we do! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, yum-o, Tammie! That looks and sounds so delicious! I am definitely going to give this a try sometime soon. Thanks so much for sharing!
LOVE your pretty packaging, too. What a very lovely gift.