Monday, December 27, 2010

Hello all....today it is back to "normal" here in our world. We were blessed with a white Christmas this year and we loved it! Today, the snow is still flying and we have about 8" on the ground. It reminds me of winter when I was a child! (Only now, I do not play in it until my toes are numb ;)



This year we had a daughter-in-law to share our holiday!That made it extra special! She and our son spent part of Christmas Eve with us and we ate Christmas Dinner at their house! This was our first Christmas "alone" since we were 22 years old....hmmmm....talk about laid back! We ate when we wanted, napped several times during our days off, kicked back at every opportunity...LOL. But I will admit....I had a few moments of "longing"....longing for those days of twinkling eyes and wide smiles...of waiting for Santa followed by days of putting toys together and playing with every one! Little boys (and girls) grow up waaaayyyyy too fast...and leave our homes way to empty, especially during the holidays.



Hope that you all enjoyed a beautiful Christmas with those you love! I am heading for my craftroom today and looking forward to playing with some great Christmas goodies!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I bet you had a really great holiday! It sure sounds like it!!! What a blessing to spend it with family!

Hope your week is blessed!
e.

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like you had a very nice holiday, Tammie! So nice to have a new daughter-in-law to share the festivities with, and nice to be able to rest and relax and even nap a bit, too. But I know what you mean about the kiddos growing up too quickly. Sure would be nice to stop time in a bottle.
Love your snow photo. How fun to get some of the white stuff for Christmas. This was our first time with snow on the big day. Wish we could have woken up to it, but it still gave us a very nice show.
Hope you have a wonderful New Year's.

Annette said...

Hi Tammie! Love the snow photo, it's beautiful! Our snow is almost gone but we eally enjoyed it, especially the dogs! Terry and I had the day to ourselves too, it was really relaxing and nice even though I spent a good portion of the day looking out the window waiting for snowflakes! I bet your daughter-in-law was so excited to have her new family over for Christmas! I see Packer has his Christmas sweater on (so adorable!), did he help open gifts? Wishing you a blessed and crafty 2011!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year, Tammie! Hope 2011 brings you and your family great health, happiness and prosperity!