Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cold Background...Warm Card?

When I went outside this afternoon to take this photo...I was shocked by the cold! Of course, I ran out without a coat on and we do have about one and a half inches of snow :) The shock inspired my silly title.....cold background...warm card ;) I love the pretty snow which is so incongruous with the flowery card. My sister's blog post today mentioned the same fact....snowflakes and springy cards...maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves.

I made this card with someone in mind and will get it to her this week. I found these metallic butterflies in my older stash of goodies and wondered why I hadn't used them before now? I am all about butterflies right now and these were so easy to affix with glue dots.

I am working three days this week and I have a full evening schedule with my son's ministry obligations, which I try to support when our hectic lives permit, and Easter play practice. I may be slack on my blog for a few days, but rest assured, I will be back when things slow down again. For me, creating is therapy. When I am at my craft table, I turn on some nice background music and I am transported to a peaceful place....a place of sweet sounds and soothing colors; of butterflies and blooming flowers; of old memories and new friends...with a warm puppy lying sleepily at my feet. I like my "scrap world." There's no place I'd rather be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh T...sounds like a place not of this earth. I do know that scrapping is in a way therapy for me. I have my mind on something other than pain and it's not something that has to be done at a certain time. It's all my schedule and I find peace in the confines of my scrappy little room. Love the card, beautiful little butterflies and the snow. My flowers were in snow also. Added flair!!! I miss you when I know you are at work.

Amber said...

LOVE this card T and can't believe you've had those adorable little butterflies hidden for so long:) I also loved your last card, beautiful. The snow made a great background for your picture and the outside light shows so many little details of your cards that I couldn't see before!

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - I am late for a meeting. But I will be released - I will necessarily write that I think.

Anonymous said...

Completely I share your opinion. Thought good, it agree with you.