Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pub Call

Hi all....I have missed blogging, but I worked the past two days and had no time! Oh well, it pays for the scrap addiction :) Today has been a cold, snow, sunshine-mixed day! It makes me think of spring and all of the wonderful days to come. (Spring is my favorite season....new beginnings and plentiful sunshine....both of which I love .)

Both of the cards posted today have been entered in a PubCall. My fingers are crossed! I would love to make it to a magazine....or anywhere! I am allowed to post them, but if chosen, I will have to remove them from my blog. I just wanted to get some input from my scrapfamily!

The "Spring is Here" card supply list: Colorbok Primary Textured Cardstock
DCWV Glitter Stack Flowered Cardstock
Prima Flowers
Ribbon from Target
Katie&Co Stamp
Martha Stewart Ink
FloraCraft Glitter Spray
Buttons and Jute

Happy Easter! I love this card. The eggs hidden in the grass made me smile and remember so many egg hunts as a child. I miss those days! My Poppy and Granny had Bantum chickens and Poppy would help me make a "bunny nest" the night before. On Easter morning, after I found my eggs at my house, I would run down the dirt road to theirs and in my nest there, I would find "still warm" tiny eggs in the darkest colors I had ever seen! (Brown eggs dye darker than white...just a bit of farm info :) And the size was perfect for childish hands. What sweet days those were.

For this card I used: Colorbok Primary and Pastel Textured Cardstock
Offrey Ribbon
Making Memories Garden Party Epoxy Shapes
FloraCraft Glitter Spray

Even if they are not chosen for the call....I enjoyed making them. I hope your day is great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They both are beautiful but the Easter eggs stole my heart. Then again, it could have been the Poppy story. I don't know if other folks are like me or if I'm just the weird one, but the older I get , the more memories flood my mind. Sometimes I can almost touch them.

Amber said...

Beautiful cards T! Love them both, but I especially LOVE the little Easter eggs in the grass! Very Springy indeed! Good luck on the pub call!