Monday, December 8, 2008

Enjoying The Process

Whew...have had a bit of "crafter's block" lately. I was telling my sister today that I do not know if it is due to the bustle of the season, or simply running out of creativity...scared me for a few days! But today....I have felt the need to "craft" and here are the results!

This is a simple card made from Miss Elizabeth papers, The Beadery embellishments and jute...you can't get much simpler than that. I especially liked the torn paper bag element...wishing that I had time to use my new Singer Pixie Craft Sewing Machine, but alas, since I have not read all of the instructions yet...that will be used another day.

I found these cute cheese shakers at a local discount store and they were VERY discounted, so I bought them with this in mind. I plan to use mine for a bead jar, but they would serve just as well for any small crafting items. (Lookout sister, one is for you ;)



Here is an update on Packer the puppy especially for Amber....this was taken today following a bath and blowdry. He is, as you can see, outgrowing my old socks as a makeshift shirt. (As of now, we cannot find any real doggie clothes small enough for him.) He was a bit of a premie and has taken MUCH tender loving care! He was 10 weeks old yesterday and is probably up to about 2 1/2 pounds now with hair growing back! Yeah! As of now, he is growing like a weed and chewing like a Piranah! All systems GO!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh T...Packer is adorable and I can tell he is growing. His hair even shows up in the pic. He'll fit in those exsm in no time at all.lol I KNOW ONE OF THOSE JARS ARE FOR MY BUTTONS!!!!..I never did send Sally her card but I did e-mail her all of our blog sites so she will be visiting and hopefully not editing all 3 of us. lol OH yeah, love the card, very pretty.

Unknown said...

Check out this lady, she is awesome.http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com

Amber said...

Beautiful card T, and I love the jars. I was trying to figure out what the jars were! And Packer looks all fuzzy! He is growing and so cute.

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute projects, Tammie! Sorry for the crafter's block. think it happens to everyone at times.
Your little pup is adorable!