Saturday, December 27, 2008

Spring ??? Is In The Air


Well, here in Eastern Kentucky, it is a balmy 73 degrees today and sunny! Spring...before the New Year? I am certainly not complaining, being a warm weather gal ;) The Christmas Holiday has passed and I am cleaning up from the celebrations, (actually we still have one more 'Christmas' next Tuesday with family traveling in from Arkansas.) Today, I took a moment to sit down at my work space and create. It felt wonderful....and even slightly therapeutic!
I saw these resin angel wings on clearance yesterday and thought that they would look nice on a Valentine card. I love the result....with the scripture quote, they are a perfect fit. I am still having some lighting issues with the new camera, so bear with me while I figure it out. I am longing for deep, true colors in my posts....I just have to find the right settings before snapping those shots. (I guess that I will have to break down and read the owner's manuel ;) Hope everyone is well and having a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Annette said...

Beautiful card Tammie, I love the wings and how everything fits together perfectly!

Unknown said...

Love the card. I think everyone wants to get past red and green. I adore the new look, great coloring. I haven't been creative in awhile, headache for a week. I told Amber, better after the holidays than before. Say a little prayer for me.

Mary said...

Great card! I know what you mean about the owner's manual. I tend to experiment instead of reading... I guess that's why it takes me so long to get it right!

Amber said...

Love this card T...the little wings turned out great. I'm so happy to have Christmas cards and red/green behind me!

Audrey Pettit said...

sweet project, Tammie! Love the resin wings on the heart. Very pretty.
Sounds like you had weather like us yesterday. Think we hit the mid 70's. Was SO beautiful.
I hope you resolve your camera issues. I seem to have such a hard time getting real quality photos, too. The lighting is so hard.