Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! What a great day that I had on New Year's Eve. It began with breakfast with my 79 year old Dad who suffered a serious heart attack and subsequent health problems this past February. He has had a tough year health-wise and it was wonderful to hear him say, "I feel good today" and get to spend time with him. What a blessing!

The afternoon was "girl's day out" with my son's fiancee, and my sister-in-law and nieces who live in Arkansas. We had a nice lunch and an afternoon of "girl stuff", including manicures for the teens and shopping for all. (What a great opportunity for sweet fellowship and memory making!) Another blessing!

Tonight my husband's brother and his family joined us for our Church's New Year's Service where they heard my son preach the opening service and then stayed for refreshments and met our church family. Another Blessing! All of this following a wonderful belated Christmas celebration yesterday at my Mother-in-law's home. I am feeling very thankful and extremely....BLESSED!
May this New Year find you equally so!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

T, That was so touching, I have tears. I'm so glad you all had a great time together, FAMILY...that's what its all about. Where better to end your New Year's Eve than at church. Rick would feel welcome no matter where he was, and he would be.

Mary said...

How sweet! Aren't girls days out the bestest!