Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Already?

Can it possibly be Friday again, already? For someone who vowed that this Christmas would be simpler....I have certainly been feeling the Holiday hustle and bustle! But even with all of the running and preparing...I have found time to create. This picture was inspired by a photo on Elizabeth Kartchner's Blog (She was Scrapbooker of the Year a couple of years ago and has a great blog...visit if you haven't.) I just loved the idea of a "picture within a picture" and hubby was willing to go along with me and pose countless times for just the right shot. (actually he declared that the first one was good enough, but with a little coaxing, he played along.) Having a 21 year old son makes it difficult to get a true family shot....we only catch glimpses of him with his busy schedule.

I happened upon this sweet little ornament yesterday and it was forlorn, lying in a markdown box, all alone...since I love, love, love the antique look of the metal, I gave it a home and early this morning, I also gave it a card. I like the "paper bag" look of the cardstock and after using distressing ink on the edges, it looked properly aged. " The ragged ribbon actually came on the tree as a hanger. I love a good deal!


Have you ever seen a cuter mug? I have collected snowmen for years and when I found this little guy, I knew just what to do with him. This one is actually for my niece, Amber. (I know, Ber, you never get surprised anymore, thanks to blogging ;) I filled with my holiday hot chocolate mix and viola! A tasty treat for the palate and the eye.



Hubby is a chocolate addict! He has never met a chocolate that he hasn't loved, so I got him this GIANT Hershey bar and fancied it up a bit for him. He will find it in his stocking on Christmas. The tag reads "believe in miracles".....and on the inside, "your love has made a believer out of me!" Just a little something to make him smile. Aren't the holidays a perfect time to do just that for those who enrich our lives?
I just adore the little golden reindeer magnet (on clearance at Michael's) that matched my paper perfectly. Since my shopping is complete....now I am on a crafting rampage....you never know what I might create next... and actually, neither do I! Happy Scrapping!




4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute stuff, Tammie! Love that photo of you and your hubby. And your projects look adorable. I have a very similar snowman mug and really love it.

Unknown said...

You do stay busy!!! I just want, no I NEED to read, I just can't seem to settle down enough to even pick up a book. maybe after Christmas. Love the picture. I am very thankful to have you 2 in my life. Love you bunches.

Amber said...

Great picture and great projects T. I'm still surprised when you bring me stuff, because I can't remember it all:) Well I hear your going to be a mother in-law!!! Doesn't that sound funny?

Annette said...

I just love the photo and your holiday decorating is beautiful! Adorable projects, I love the card with the metal ornament. Have a great day!