Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back At It!

Whew.....it is good to be back to the scrap habit again! I couldn't find much time during the holidays, but now.....it's back to what I love doing the most. My mother-in-law asked that I make a few cards for her Sunday School card ministry and here is a glance at my creations. I didn't put anything elaborate on them (like my over-the-top bows ;) for postal rate savings.

These were mostly made using scraps of cardstock, Prima flowers and jewels from the Beadery. This was my first attempt at "mass production" and I enjoyed the project. I hope that her class will as well.

You all have heard me complain time and again about my inability to get quality lighting on my posts. Well today, I had the shopping experience of shopping experiences! While developing my Christmas pics at my local WM....I happened upon a Digital Lighting Studio for less than half-price and decided to give it a try. (I also phoned my scrapsister to ask if she would like to invest in one as well ;) Look what a difference this makes! I had made a homemade lightbox but apparently ,not a very good one. This makes all of the difference in the world! Now, I can't wait to make something else...just to play with my lighting. Happy scrapping to all!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...it really makes such a great difference. See I knew there had to be a way, thank goodness you found it. I always zoom in your cards, they are really pretty. I'm sure each one will be appreciated.

Amber said...

T love all the cards, they look so Springy with the bright colors. And the lighting is great! Can't believe you found light boxes! And I can't wait to get mine! Will check my new schedule out this week and send you days I can go shopping. And your pics of Kim's family were sweet, sounds like you all had a great time together. The kids are all grown up!

Unknown said...

T, stop by my blog. You have a well earned award awaiting your pick-up.

go to...mylivesignature.com to get your signature. You don't have to register or anything..just create using the wizard. Go thru the steps, get your html code, save as favorite, then I'll follow up how to apply.

Annette said...

You cards are beautiful, I love all the flowers! Congrats on the new light box, the photos are awesome!

Mary said...

I love the lighting. You have to let me know the name of the lightbox! Great cards and what a great purpose for them.