Saturday, March 28, 2009

Scrappy Day

Happy Saturday to all! I love the weekend...especially a "Scrappy Saturday" like today. Hubby and I went out for breakfast. (What a treat!) Shopped a bit and found some neat scrapbooking goodies. (Just a few...I'm budgeting myself ;) Then, while he napped the afternoon away...I scrapped to my heart's content.

Hubby's brother has a birthday next week, so I made a card for him. I always have a creative block for cards for men. But, last week I found this great fish stamp and knew that he would grace the front of "many a man card" in the future. I used a premade chocolate brown textured card, stamped my fish and greeting, used General's Water Color Pencils to bring Mr. Bass to life, added some jute and a masculine button and viola! Happy Birthday to Rick!



This card is for a coworker whose Grandmother passed away. I rarely make sympathy cards, but the black and bright green worked well together. Sedate without being too somber. I love these Prima flowers with their dusting of white already on them. And, as usual, I used Martha Stewart Ink on both.



This little guy is a "Washcloth Bunny." Thanks to my MIL for the idea and the quick tutorial she gave me in the washcloth aisle of our local Walmart;) She is a very crafty lady and needs a blog of her own. Each month she makes the cutest crafts for her Sunday School Luncheon. All of the ladies go home with a handmade treat. How neat is that? I considered putting eyes on Mr. WB, but I sort of like the "plain" look of this one. He reminds of an Amish Toy. I filled his little back with a large bubble gum egg and all of my Sunday School kids will get one in their Easter treat
bag. They are 5, 6 and 7 year olds and are always a barrell of fun.



I also decoupaged some plastic eggs and tied a few up with tissue and jute. These were simply for my own enjoyment. I will probably display them until Easter.



Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amber said...

What beautiful creations T! Love the masculine card...and a what cute Easter bunny project!

Annette said...

Wow - you have been busy! Beautiful creations Tammie, love them all and that little washcloth bunny is so adorable, what a cute idea!

Unknown said...

Wow T...you have been one busy little girl. Happy Birthday to Rick. I love the washcloth bunny and so will your Sunday School class.