Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunshine and Butterflies

This morning, I am thinking of sunshine and butterflies! The day is gorgeous and bright, with mild temperatures. Tomorrow....75*! I am such a "spring chick." I love warm weather.

We have had a rough couple of weeks. My Dad was critically ill and in the hospital for a total of 14 days. He is a man of strong faith and courage and I am pleased to report that he is at home and doing much better. He gave us quite a scare. I spent all day with him last Friday and he told me everything I would ever want to know about gardening; himself,being a Master Gardener. I have decided to write all of his instructions down. Who knows, I may have to get out and get a bit of dirt under my nails this year.

My card today is all about Spring! I love the pretty colors and the sweet butterflies.





Also, a short update on Packer,the sweet puppy that I have diligently worked with all winter....he turned 6 months old on Saturday and is doing fine. We had originally thought him to be a Daschund/Chihuahua mix but now it is clear that he is a Jack Russell/Daschund mix and we recognize his "DAD" everytime he passes through our yard. Once bald and pitiful, Packer now sports a fresh, healthy coat. He has come a long way! He and I are practically joined at the hip. He thinks that I am his mother and I have put so much time and effort into him, he feels like a part of me. Hubby and son are crazy about him also; as is everyone who visits (with the exception of the DSL Tech who fixed my recent internet problems :) For some reason, Packer took an intense disliking to him and would not stop snarling and barking for the entire 3 hours of his visit!

Hope you enjoy your day and may all of your scrapping be "happy."

3 comments:

Amber said...

I can't believe how big Packer is T! He's definitely got some Jack Russell running thru his veins and his little coat looks very healthy, I'm so glad! Love your card, it's so beautiful. You need to submit it to a magazine! I've gardened all evening, planted onions, potatos, lettuce, and beets....so fun!
Ber

LORi said...

O i love this one tooo!!!!

LORi said...

BTW, I think Parker may have a little opossum in him too!! LOL He is a cutie pa tootie!!