Friday, March 27, 2009

Stamp Something Challenge



This week's sketch on the Stamp Something Challenge inspired me to try it out! This is my take. The little chicks reminded me of my "Poppy." Each Easter, growing up on the farm, he would "surprise" me with a couple of brightly colored Easter chicks or ducks. In a few weeks, the color disappeared and they were just "plain ol' ducks and chicks, but for awhile, they were magical. (I don't think that dyed fowl are on the market these days, due to animal rights :) But still, I sure loved mine and the little pink guy is a tribute to those glorious days of childhood and a Poppy who adored me.

For my card I used DCWV Cardstock, Studio G Stamps, Martha Stewart Ink, Michael's Ribbon, Recollections Stickers and Fiskars Corner Punch.

5 comments:

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute! I love the colors you sued and those decorative corners you punched.
Wanted to let you know, when I click on your name on mr. linky from the stamp something blog I get to my dashboard on blogger. Not sure why, I tried it several times and it is always the same. Maybe it is just my computer though...Just thought I'd let you know.
Ellie.

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Love those eggs and the chicks too. A perfect take on this sketch! Thanks for joining the SS challenge this week. Just to let you know, I had the same trouble as Ellie with finding your post. No biggie, just wanted to make sure you were aware. :)

Unknown said...

very pretty card T...I know for a fact that you are the only one Poppy ever adored...doesn't matter, I loved him anyway..it's weird how family is always family..

Amber said...

What a beautiful card T! Love the Easter eggs and the little chicks! I'm sure glad dyed chickens are a thing of the past, you know me! I should work for PETA:)
Ber

Deb M. said...

Super-cute card. Love the colors!!

TFS...