Friday, November 14, 2008

Busy Day

Here's a quick "Packer" update for those of you who are interested in the shenanigans of a 2 pound puppy. After what seemed as though it would be his final day of life on Tuesday....he has made an amazing recovery(as you can see from the picture of him biting my ankle! Yes his mouth is open that wide;) Today he has eaten SIX times, played with everything from my ankle to Rusty's toys to my favorite leather shoes! He has napped between play spells and his breathing sounds much improved. Who knew the healing power of a heating pad and warmed goat milk?????

Tonight (after Packer was put to bed;) I found this cute idea in a Gooseberry Creek book and had to make them. They are Christmas Tag Ornaments, which can be used on the recipient's tree after their package is opened. Cute idea! I made them from red and green felt and random embellishments. (the santa was my own creation...don't you love his beard?)

I had already put names on some which shall remain unphotographed for the sake of surprise (yes family, I mean you!)


This Easter card was made in response for an ad in one of my niece's card mags for Easter submissions. The only problem is that I have forgotten the address....Ber, can you email that to me? I loved this Hallmark ribbon (which I, of course, found on clearance for a ridiculously low price), and the Heidi Grace flocked tags. I must admit, it is difficult to think of Easter when we have our first forecast for snow tomorrow. Have a great day!



2 comments:

Amber said...

Thank goodness little Packer is doing better. His little fur looks so fluffy. See, goats are healers! I already e-mailed you 2 different submission sites! Hope it helps. I love the tag idea and your Santa turned out great and the Easter card makes me sad for warmer days! The bow on the card is great, perfect. I'll be expecting a similar card this Easter! Can't wait!

Unknown said...

To be such a little 2lb. puppy, he sure can open that mouth!!! The Christams tags are great and the Easter card, one of the best you've ever created. Good luck on your submissions.