Monday, November 24, 2008

Showers of Blessings!

Hi all! We awoke to steady rain this morning and I couldn't help but think of the hymn "Showers of Blessings." Afterall, this is Thanksgiving week and I feel overwhelmingly blessed! I look forward to a table surrounded with family on Thursday and am especially thankful that my Dad is able and looking forward to joining us. (He plans on staying for the entire day ;) By the way...beautiful tribute to him in your blog Amber !

The card above was simple. I used a premade card blank and simply embellished with glitter and a 3D tag from a gift bag from last year which is getting repurposed this year. (Scrappers never throw anything away for good reason :) My favorite seasonal verse is "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" which I stamped on the front and the inside says "Believe In Miracles." I DO!

I was the first one awake this morning and since it is a holiday week, I started it off by trying out a couple of new recipes. These are Pumpkin Spice Cookies and they are great. They remind me of desserts made by my Granny Smith when I was a child. (it is probably the nutmeg...I think that she used that in everything.) These are made with spice cake mix, a cup of pumpkin, walnuts and butter. Simply great! I plan to take a few trays like this one to my church friends on Wednesday evening as a small Thanksgiving treat. I plan to spend today making tags for them to express my families sentiments toward them during this week of thanksgiving, just to let them know that we are blessed by their presence in our lives. (Family, you will get to try them out on Thursday :)

Okay, for those who asked for a Packer update......here he is. He has improved wonderfully since the day a few weeks back when I thought that he was a goner. He eats like a pig, plays like a puppy should and sleeps like an infant. (This morning he did let me sleep until a few minutes after 8am.) How can something that only weighs a couple of pounds carry such a weight of responsibility? (Parents have been asking that for eons, I'm sure :) I have told hubby that this is our very LAST rescue EVER! I simply do not have the emotional or physical stamina to do this anymore. We counted the other day and figured that we have saved approximately 22 abandoned dogs/puppies in the past several years. So we are calling it quites with Packer...and our son claims him as his, and says that when he moves out in a couple of years...Packer will be going with him. Hmmmm....we'll see.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tam, absolutely beautiful card. I know I say that about every new one you post but you do a wonderful job. I cried when I read Amber's post about Dad, and here again, tears rolling down my cheeks. It seems that I'm the only one not looking forward to the holidays. I must have a mechanical malfunction inside my heart and I don't want to feel that way. So from here on no negative thoughts..just thankfulness for such a wonderful family.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tammie! Just came over to peek at your blog and say hello since your sister told me all about your blog. Your card is just lovely. I really like the polka-dotted glitter.
Your cookies look absolutely fabulous. Hope you all have a very blessed thanksgiving.

Amber said...

T little Packer is adorable in his shirt! For his sake, I sure hope J leaves him with you:) I think J would need a hearty dog to take care of on his own! Love your card, just beautiful. And the tray of goodies looks great!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh.. fabulous card, great take on the 2s4y sketch Tammie!