Monday, November 17, 2008

Snowy Monday!


Hello all...it is a blustery, snowy day here in Kentucky! It sparked my Christmas spirit and I began my holiday decorating today. ( I keep telling myself that this will allow me more time for baking and scrapping ;) I want to give a quick KUDOS to Amber for being chosen as a Fab 5 on 2S4Y! Big accomplishment, Ber! I had been reading online about ATC's (artist trading cards) and just happened to have a deck of AlphaCards by K&Co which I used to make these cute ornaments. I couldn't decide whether to use them as gift tags or tree ornaments, but since I just hung them on my tree ;) I guess that they will serve as ornaments for now and possibly tags later. They are soooo easy and fun to make. It is like scrapping and card making on a tiny canvas and I loved it. I have found several info sites (and swap sites) dedicated to these small wonders.

Here is an updated picture of "Little Packer." Have you ever seen such blue eyes on a puppy? He is such a mix of breeds that it is impossible to tell exactly (or even approximately) just what he might be when he grows up :) We do think that we see an ever so slight resemblance to a chihuahua we once knew, especially when he lies on his back and his little ears are straight up. Whatever he is, we have allowed ourselves to become his slaves. (Still eating about 6 times a day...this morning at 3AM!) He is still having skin issues, but growing like a pig and playing like a puppy should. That is a major improvement from last week. He just might make it afterall!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh T...now that we have all seen and grown to love little Packer..all our hearts hurt. I've never seen a blue-eyed dog. Maybe he is just special. It would never have survived without your feeding around the clock and the heating pad.

I love your mini cards. Great tree decoration. You must have worked on those all day. I was a bit concerned when I saw that you hadn't posted anything.lol..(Like I couldn't call.)

Amber said...

T I love how the tags/ornaments turned out! They are great, can't wait to try it! And it's gonna be hard for me not to sneak Packer home at Thanksgiving! But I must be strong!

Annette said...

I love your ATC tags, I bet they look awesome on your tree! Your puppy is soooooo cute, I just love animals! That's probably why we have 8 cats and 3 dogs, I'd take more if we could, my BF would not be happy if I brought another stray home though!