Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Recovery

Hi all! I haven't posted for a couple of days...Thanksgiving was filled with family activity and waaaay too much turkey....I braved the shopping frenzy on Black Friday and actually enjoyed it ( my favorite was my binge at Michael's, as our nearest is almost 100 miles away:) and today I all but finished my shopping! Yeah! This is the first year that I have not had my shopping nearly completed before Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed the great bargains!

I threw this little card together late last night, (in between the gift wrapping) and I love my little snowman. I dry embossed him on vellum, placed a bit of torn mulberry paper behind him and mounted in on Provo Craft Holly Paper, and of course, added one of my big over-the-top bows! I Stamped "Believe In Miracles" with Making Memories cherry red ink...the inside says..."for unto us a child is born." I hope to get back to crafting next week...the only problem is that my scraproom is now "Christmas Package Central" and I can hardly turn around in it....oh well... I am sure that the crafter inside me will find a way. Be Blessed.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Very pretty T, I love the dry embossing on the vellum...very nice effect! Glad you had fun shopping:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute card, Tammie! Love the embossed snowman, and your "over-the-top" bow is gorgeous!
You were brave to fight those crowds on Friday. I was just too unorganized to think it would be worth it!

Unknown said...

The snowman turned out great. When you were describing him to me I couldn't quite get the pic. Now I do...and just think...a very cheap stencil did the trick!!! I love it. I'm more like Audrey when it comes to the shopping.

Mary said...

Great card and what a cute little snowman!

We braved the Friday crowd too! I of course found more for Abby! :)