Monday, January 26, 2009

All About "Ewe"...Awesome Weekend

What an awesome weekend! Friday evening at 7pm, our church hosted a Lock-In for area youth...with well over 130 present and counted...many more trickled in throughout the night, that is not counting adults. The above was an interp called "Everything." Powerful message, indeed, regarding the trials of today's young people. Several were saved and many rededicated. The following morning, I helped with breakfast and I may never make another pancake....I had blisters from stirring the 100+ hotcakes....but what a blessing.

Sunday was my 44th birthday. I am still young enough to enjoy them and old enough to appreciate them :) I made my own birthday cake, (because I am a cake decorator )and before my mother passed away, she would call me before my birthday and say, "Bake you a birthday cake and bring it over." She loved my fresh cakes and buttercream icing. She would provide the rest of my birthday meal and presents. I always miss her on my birthday; she made each one special. I was inspired by my cake to make the matching card.....of course, someone else will receive it....minus the cake....on their b'day ;)
My MIL fixed me dinner and had my family to her house after church yesterday. Very thoughtful and very appreciated.



I made this cute "Ewe" card with Best Occasions Cardstock; Autumn Leaves Blink Ribbon; Gems from the Beadery and the sheep is simply a freehanded cut-put "flocked" with Polymark White Pearl Iridescent Dimensional Fabric Paint.


I hope your day is great and your scrapping is happy!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

The pic of the Youth Group is powerful. Just think of the seeds planted and taken home. Amazing!!!
You decorate your cakes like you make cards..a true artist. The little sheep is wonderful and like "ewe"...one of a kind.

Amber said...

Glad you had such a good weekend T, it sounded great. LOVE your cake and sure would like to have a pretty cake like that on my B-Day;) The flowers on the cake and the matching card were beautiful - one of the prettiest cakes you've done. And I love your card, you did great free handing that little sheep, very creative!
Love u.
Amber

Annette said...

Wow - I had no idea you were a cake decorator, your birthday cake is absolutely beautiful and I love the matching card!
Awesome job on the lamb card, I thought the lamb was a cuttlebug die until I read your post, it is so cute, and I love the texture on it! :) Adorable!

Becky G said...

Wow! Your cake and card are amazing! Happy birthday and bless your heart. I lost my mom to cancer in October and know all to well the sadness you feel. You will be in my prayers.

Hugs to you,
Becky

Unknown said...

Hey T...stop by my blog sometime today. You've been tagged in a different way. I know you love these!!!! (BUT...I only know a few people )lol

lisa808 said...

Happy belated birthday. Beautiful cake!