Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Altered Items & Other Such Things

I love this card....I consider it "shabby chic." I made it with the intent of showing that everything you make doesn't have to be with a "kit" or even with "scrapping merchandise." For this card I used Best Occasions Brown Textured Cardstock; Wedding Ribbon and Hearts taken from a windchime, both from the $ Tree. Stamps by Inkadinkado and Creating Memories Red Ink. This just goes to show that anything can be used when you are creating! Of course, this type of crafting probably will not get you in a mag or on a design team, but when I create just for the sake of creating, I like to try different things and use odd items. I spent a few hours yesterday altering a couple of items as pictured below.

I decorated a plain $2 yearly planner and personalized it for myself. This was so easy and yet, I loved the finished product. Not only is it functional, it looks nice lying on my desk.


I had a 5x7 sketch book, but really wanted something smaller that I could carry with me in my purse. I found this cute book of index cards, complete with dividers and rings. I turned it into my portable sketch book and I just love it. It is the perfect size for purse or pocket with plenty of pages to sketch my ideas. (and yes, it already has a couple in it that I can't wait to try.) Both items were created using Making Memories "Noteworthy" and "5th Avenue" Kits.


I also put together a little chipboard album of Packer the poor rescued puppy whom we have adopted. I joke that a three pound puppy has taken me hostage! I titled the album, Puppy Love...A Packer Tale.


I cut my own chipboard circles and used Making Memories "Travel" Paper to cover them. Embellishments were random 'doggy' items from my scrap bin and viola! A puppy album was born. Now, if only this puppy would grow some hair! Oh well, we love him anyway.




Hope your day is everything you want it to be!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been a very busy little scrapper haven't you?? Great ideas that ended in beautiful creations. I probably shouldn't tell on myself but here goes..the last pic, I thought was really Packer in his bed beside your chair. I wondered why you were letting him play with ribbon and why had you written on his pillow. Then I clicked the pic to enlarge it...only after identifying Randy did I realize it was pages of your doggie album. lol

Amber said...

Haha, Mom cracks me up! She must have not had her glasses on, that's so funny! Loved your creations, of course my fav. is Packer's little album and I have been taken hostage by two 15 lb doggies, 18 goats, 3 horses, 3 donkeys, 2 cats, 25 chickens, and 2ducks! Kinda ties you down! I also love the idea of a small sketch book, because you never know where you might be when an idea hits!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Tammie, you've gotten SO much accomplished since your last post. I love your stuff, especially your sketch book and organizer. SO cute and SO useful. Love that MM paper. I also love that you do try new things all the time and that you're crafting just for yourself, not what others think they have to do. That $1 wind chime is just genius.
I really, really do appreciate the nice things you say on my blog, Tammie. I think of you guys as friends, too. You made me smile so big when I read that. And I'm thrilled that you and Amber are considering my kits! We try to give folks as many options as possible with our club. You can simply purchase one kit here and there when one catches your eye, or you can join for either a 3 or 6 month subscription. The longer the sub, the better the price point. One kit is $29.95, 3 months are $27.95, and 6 months are $25.95, plus shipping on all. And the nice thing about a subscription, is that you can opt out if you don't like that month's kit. With a 3 month sub, you can opt out once, and with a 6 month sub, you can opt out 2 times.
Also, just to let you know, I'm offering a 25% discount currently on all of our previous kit. That makes them $22.50 each, and I can combine shipping. If you go to our website, click on the "join the club" page, and at the bottom is a link to our "previous kits". Although the pictures aren't on there, we do have previous kits from Oct, Nov. and Dec. If you see anything you like, let me know! And let me know if you have any other questions!

Annette said...

I love your shabby chic card! The hearts are beautiful, what a great idea to put them on a card! Your chipboard album is adorable! I love all the creations you come up with using non scrap items.