Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Smile!

Happy Tuesday to all! We awoke to a mixed bag of weather this morning; at first it was a pleasant 49* then the temp rapidly dropped and we have had intermittent bouts of rain and snow. Accumulation is in the forecast....but I am still thinking of sping and flowers. This card is made using Best Occasions textured brown cardstock as the base. The print is Making Memories Spring Collection along with Prima flowers, jute and buttons.

I broke out my Singer Pixie Craft Sewing Machine which I got before Christmas and used it for the first time! I love it! So simple and easy to use, and I am not one for sewing! That is my least favorite crafty thing to do, but I really enjoyed this!

I did a tiple fold on this card and tied the edges to make more fanfare out of opening the card. The front simply says "Smile." Which is what I wish for you today......happy smiles!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable card and colors. I opened my sewing machine today and I'm hoping it's easy for me. (I doubt it)..I'll read the directions first. I like the way you made your card to open. Great idea.

Amber said...

Beautiful card T, love how you sewed along the edge...and I love the colors. And I've never tried a folding card, might have to do that tomorrow. I have tried my sewing machine, Matt claims I need sewing lessons!!! But I can stitch paper good enough:)

Annette said...

Beautiful card! Love the triple fold and how it ties together on the front! It looks like all 3 of you have sewing machines! You guys are going to love them, they are so much fun to use and really add nice texture to cards!