Monday, January 12, 2009

Thoughts of Spring

My Dad reminded me today that it is still very much winter-time! Our temps are supposed to be in the single digits by the week's end, but my mind had already reached for Spring! When I woke up this morning, these cards were just waiting to be created. I found these adorable glittered hearts at Walmart this weekend and could just see countless projects that I could use them for. The flourish, lettering and pink print is by Making Memories. The ribbon is generic pieces that I had lying around. The inside is stamped with "We Love Because He First Loved Us" by Inkadinkadoo with Fuschia Dye Ink Pad by Stampede. The white base is Best Occasions Textured Cardstock.

This Springtime card is much cuter in person ;) The flowers are K&Co; the ribbon is from Target Scrapbooking $ Spool; the patterned papers are Making Memories as is the tag. The buttons are from my gigantic button collection (my Granny Smith would be so proud!) and the white cardstock is the same as above.
I wanted to mention that I received a beautiful handcrafted gift this Christmas....it was a quilt, handpieced and handquilted by my husband's Aunt who passed away last February. Her 88 year old sister gave it to me on Christmas morning. We both shed a few tears at the opening and I was again humbly reminded of the precious people that God has placed in my life. The quilt will serve as a sweet reminder of the wonderful woman who shared many day to day activities of my married life. She often told me that I was "her's, not an inlaw." :) Living next door to her, we worked on crafts together for many years before Alzheimer's Disease took her from us. My home is filled with many of her creations and she inspired me. Take a moment today to tell those who are special to you how they touch your life. Sometimes, that is the greatest gift of all.

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a sweet post T! The quilt is an amazing gift and what a reminder of the hard work she put into it for someone else. Love your cards, they were so pretty. Papaw keeps reminding me that's it's not spring also, so don't feel bad. I'm excited about your visit later this week! I told Mom you guys just pick a day later in the week (I need to clean!) and come on down.

Audrey Pettit said...

I am very touched by the story of your Christmas quilt. You have given us a very good reminder.
The spring bug hasn't hit me yet. Think I'm still in shock that Christmas is over. Haven't even thought about anything Valentine related either. I actually did a fall card yesterday. Think I've got myself turned around.
Your cards are both adorable!