Friday, January 16, 2009

Frozen Friday

Well it has sure been a 'frozen Friday' in my part of the world. -0 temps this morning, with a high today of 19! That is cold. I have been recovering from a 72 hour bug of some sort (being a nurse, I have diagnosed and treated myself , as we nurses tend to do.) Plenty of fluids and hours upon hours of sleep. I am feeling much better today, and even joined a couple of my church friends for a horror movie this evening. Hmmm, now I remember why I hadn't been to a scary movie in 25 years. I don't enjoy being scared! But, I did enjoy the popcorn.

I made these projects earlier today. The card is Best Occasions Cardstock, K&Co Stickers, generic button and ribbon. I did try faux stitching on this card and I like it. I do need some
practice, but I think I will use it again.

I covered a round of chipboard to elevate the center and followed a good tip that I picked up somewhere in all of my blogging. I used a fingernail emory board to smooth the edges of my cardstock covering the chipboard. It really worked and gave it a smooth yet worn look.

I rarely color anything....but I found a great set of General's Watercolor Pencils, so I needed a project to try them out. I stamped this sweet little guy then penciled in the areas of color, before dampening a small detail brush and pulling the colors into their finished state. I mounted him on a small valentine card/bookmark. I loved the paint process and can't wait to use it again.
Hope your weekend is great and filled with "crafty moments."

2 comments:

Amber said...

T, what beautiful projects...love the faux stitching, will have to try filing my chipboard, and your coloring looks great!!! You just tried it all today! Glad you're feeling better. Nurses do stink as patients! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Ber

Unknown said...

You may be sick in body but there is nothing wrong with the creative side of your brain. Beautiful card and I thought the stitching was real!!! Looks great. I love that shade of pink. I want to start coloring also. I bought crayons and colored pencils but haven't had the opportunity to use either.
During my dr. visit this past Tues. I told MY dr. that I was a "hard headed" patient ( much like my Dad & Sister) lol..I think he agreed.