Friday, January 23, 2009

Ordinary Days...Extraordinary Memories

Happy Friday to all. This week has flown by for me. Late last night I sat down at my scrap table and all I could think of was butterflies and flowers...I told you....you would see them again :) The cardstock is random scraps from my bin and I used distress ink on the butterfly to age the paper. I added Prima flowers (which I love) and splashed a bit of glitter on both.

I am still loving that sparkly look! The card is cuter in person...the colors look sort of washed out here.

I was inspired by Audrey to take part in Project 365. (Where you take a photo everyday and make a year of memories.) I titled this layout (there is another page for next week, of course, that goes with this one), ORDINARY DAYS. I love this idea! When I sat down and put the first weeks of January together, I already found memories to enjoy that I would have otherwise forgotten. What I like best, it doesn't have to be grand moments or big events....just a glimpse of the everyday is extraordinary when you are with those you love. My Monday post....I had a Dr. appointment, but felt good enough to scrap shop ;) (Most of you understand that.) Tuesday...my son and his fiance going sledding. Wednesday...my apetite came back and I treated myself to a nice pancake breakfast. Thursday.....my rescue puppy Packer "helping" hubby take his coat off when he came in the door from work. Friday....I am feeling soooo much better that I washed my "cozy blanket" and put it away. See what I mean.....years from now I will have a diary complete with pics of this year and these everyday happenings. So fun!
Hope you all have a great day


3 comments:

Amber said...

Love your card T and how you distressed the little butterfly. And your project 365 is very neat, would love to do it....but I just don't know what I'd take a picture of on days I work (I'm not very inspiring those days)! Glad you're feeling better and Packer is growing.

LORi said...

Very Nice!!! Cute Blog!!

Unknown said...

Finally!!! I didn't think I was gonna see anything but pics. I got to read and enjoy your fabulous background. I still love your butterflies and flowers, wait until I post some of my cards. I don't know what's wrong with me, sometimes I have an empty mind (mindless???) and other times I'm an assembly line. Creating nothing that matters to anyone but me. It's still fun.
Little Packer is growing up.