Saturday, January 17, 2009

Butterflies and Birthdays

Well, I think that I have done it! I have created my VERY FAVORITE card EVER!!! I made this with someone very special in mind and I wasn't going to post it until after her birthday, but I just couldn't wait.

I used Best Occasion Textured Cardstock; Stamped butterflies with Stampede Stamp; Colored them with Bic Acid Free Markers and glazed them with silver glitter. I used Prima flowers and random buttons.

I also glazed the flowers and buttons with glitter and the happy birthday tag. I loved this project.
It turned out the way I envision all of my cards but never quite achieve. Who knows, maybe I am on a new creative bent....more sparkle, more embellishments....more everything.


I hope the intended recipient will act appropriately surprised when she gets this! I'm pretty sure she knows who she is!
Happy Scrapping to all!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know why it's your favorite ever??(and nope..it's not because who it is for)..it's because you made each petal, each button, and each butterfly wing special. You put extra special love and care into each piece instead of just making a card, you "created" a card. It is beautiful and I know the birthday girl will love and cherish it as much as you do. Way to go!!!!

Mary said...

Great card! Love all the colors!

Amber said...

WOW, this card is amazing! Absolutely LOVE all the glitter and glaze. Can't believe how pretty it is - you really need to enter it into a contest before the birthday girl gets it, and I'm sure she will act surprised and LOVE it;)

Annette said...

Wow - this card is stunning! I love all the butterflies and flowers, I can see why it is your favorite, I just love it! This would be beautiful in a shadow box frame, it is a work of art!