Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Love Is In The Air


Hi all! It has been a rainy, dreary day here in Eastern KY, but I am feeling all warm and mushy anyway! Today, I broke out the pastel papers and how pleasant they are to the heart and eye. I found the pretty pink glitter hearts at the $Tree and what a deal, 9 for $1! I couldn't pass that up, afterall, we are in a recession. The papers and ribbons are just odds and ends that I dug out and the glitter letters are by Colorbok. Just looking at this card makes me crave some decadent valentine goodies;)




While thinking of Valentine's Day, my mind fast-forwarded a bit to spring....my favorite time of the year. This card just came to me when this VERY large daisy fell out of a junk box while I was organizing some of my Christmas Scrap goodies. (Hubby laughs because I never throw anything away, but just look what I might have missed if I had!) This ribbon is a Michael's $1 spool, and matched my card perfectly!
I am loving this light studio! I could never get close-up details before and now....just look at that detail! Someone asked the name of the lighting set-up, it is Concepts Digital Portable Lighting Studio; found at my local Walmart for a steal of a deal at $20. It comes complete with studio, 2 lights and a tripod. Who could pass that up? (It was originally $44.84) My verrry favorite "after Christmas" find! Hope you all have a great day and happy scrapping!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't opened my lightbox yet. As you can see I haven't been very creative lately but I have been blog bouncing. I love both your cards but that BIG daisy jumps off the screen at me. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Mary said...

Love the detail that you are being able to show! Great work!

Amber said...

Beautiful cards T! I LOVE the pink heart card. The lightbox is working great, it's unbelievable what a difference it makes in the details!

Annette said...

Love both cards Tammie! The closeup of the flower is gorgeous! And those hearts, I love them!